Theatreworks Plays and Events
2021-2022 SEASON INFORMATION
2020-2021 PANDEMIC PROGRAMMING
How did we support art and artists during the coronavirus pandemic? In March 2020-July 2021, Theatreworks employed over 150 artists on a wide variety of programs. During 2021, Theatreworks committed to artists and audiences, by offering four in-person productions, in a variety of formats and locations.
- Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill, starring Cheerish Martin as Billie Holiday, featuring her most beloved songs, July 15-August 1 2021 at the Ent Center for the Arts.
- Free-For-All: Midsummer Night’s Dream held outdoors and free of charge at community sites around the Pikes Peak region in May & June 2021.
- An Iliad, directed by Max Shulman and featuring one actor and one cellist for the return of our production from March 2020, outdoors at the Ent Center and virtually May 6-23,2021.
- The Mitten, crated as a co-production with Katy Williams Design and JParker Arts, an original midwinter shadow puppet fable with music, February 19-28, 2021
We also explored the digital world in conversations, videos, and readings:
- virtual costume tutorials, sneak-peek videos and artist interviews, now all archived on our YouTube channel.
- full-length virtual documentary theatre House Arrest and 'Elections at Altitude',
- Our December Month of Joy, offering 31 nights of performance including world-premiere toy theatre commissions.
- A four-play free virtual Sunday reading series.
- Monthly Artist Coffee and Cocktail Chats, third Wednesdays at 7p (currently limited to patrons who subscribed to the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons; please reach out to email@example.com with questions)
- Monthly Directors Circle Play Club, second Thursdays at 11a (limited to members of our Directors Circle donorship giving level; please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions)
Thank you to our audiences and donors who supported us and the theatre community throughout this time.